Newcastle transfer news: Ayoze Perez joins from Tenerife in £1.5m deal
The 20-year-old was playing the the second tier of Spanish football last season
Friday 06 June 2014
Newcastle have signed 20-year-old striker Ayoze Perez from Tenerife.
Perez, who has cost a reported £1.5million, scored 16 goals in 34 appearances in Spain's second division last season.
Ayoze told nufcTV: "I'm very happy to be here to start this new adventure.
"I'm very eager for it to begin and I'm very pleased to play for this magnificent club.
"Any football player would be interested in playing for such a club and I will earn my position to get in the first team."
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Latest in Sport
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy has not been arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world