Neymar opts to stay at Santos
Thursday 10 November 2011
Brazil striker Neymar will stay at Santos until 2014, the year his country stages the World Cup finals, the 19-year-old said after signing a new and improved contract yesterday.
Neymar, who was closely linked with a move to Chelsea last summer, said: "I'm very happy, it's another decision I'm taking in my life, a family decision."
The Santos president, Luis Alvaro de Oliveira, added: "Neymar has got tired of being 'sold' to Barcelona and Real Madrid in these last months. The truth is he will stay at Santos until 2014."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories