Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United? Louis van Gaal's side in talks with Benfica midfielder...and Bebe could be used as makeweight in deal - reports
United have been strongly linked with the Argentine
Sunday 29 June 2014
Nicolas Gaitan is set to become the latest player to join Louis van Gaal's Manchester United revolution.
According to Portuguese newspaper Record, the Argentinian midfielder is in talks with United and incoming manager Van Gaal will have the final say over whether he wants to sign the 26-year-old or not.
The paper also claims that the forgotten man of United's midfield, Bebe, could be used as a makeweight in the deal.
Bebe was regarded as a a flop at Old Trafford, making only two league appearances since he joined from Vitoria de Guimaraes, but has impressed at Portuguese top flight Pacos de Ferreira on loan last season.
United have already signed Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilabo and Luke Shaw from Southampton this summer.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts