Nicolas Otamendi to Manchester United: Valencia drop hint that defender will leave after leaving him out of kit launch

Otamendi wants to push through a move before returning to pre-season

Click to follow
The Independent Online

In the world of transfer gossip and speculation, every little helps.

Nicolas Otamendi has been consistently linked with a move to Manchester United in both the Spanish and English press, with Louis van Gaal keen to strengthen a defence lacking a top class centre-back - stats show that he would be an upgrade over the current crop at Old Trafford.

The 27-year-old, has apparently told Valencia that he wants his future sorted before 27 July, when the club are due back for pre-season training.

Not only has the Argentinian told friends and family to prepare to leave the city, he is also apparently prepared to go on strike to force through a move.

Through the speculation, Valencia have remained steadfast that they will only sell if a club meets his €50million (£35m) release clause.

In the latest twist Otamendi, one of the club's key players, has been left out of the marketing campaign for next season's kit, which was launched on Thursday, a fact which didn't go unnoticed on social media.

The move doesn't necessarily mean a deal is done - Luis Suarez, Shinji Kagawa and Gareth Bale were all in marketing campaigns before leaving their clubs - but it is a hint that Valencia see their future without a player who had been a key performer last season.

Comments