Norwich's £5m Gary Hooper bid rejected by Celtic
Friday 18 January 2013
Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager, has told Gary Hooper to forget about a move to Norwich after the SPL leaders rejected an offer from the Premier League side.
Lennon reluctantly confirmed the development after reports emerged of a £5m offer. Hooper has so far resisted attempts by Celtic to extend his contract beyond the end of next season, but the club – still in the Champions League – are in no hurry to cash in on the striker.
"Our case is simple - you are not going," Lennon said had been the message for Hooper. "You've got a year and a half on your contract, so you're a Celtic player."
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc