Paris St Germain hold talks with AC Milan over transfer of Thiago Silva claims agent
Silva's agent claims AC Milan have held talks with Paris St Germain with a view
to the Brazil international joining the French club.
Milan this morning insisted Silva would not be leaving the San Siro this summer, yet Paolo Tonietto has revealed talks between the clubs have taken place.
Tonietto also mentioned that a deal for the Brazilian could be up to as much as £40m.
"Negotiations have existed between Milan and Paris St Germain," Tonietto was quoted as saying on www.tuttomercatoweb.com."But I don't know if Milan will sell him.
"Should Milan decide to sell him, it would be the best time for Thiago to change clubs."
Milan CEO Adriano Galliani is reported to have travelled to Paris to close the deal.
Silva is also a potential target for Manchester City, Chelsea and Barcelona.
"The top clubs in Europe have expressed to AC Milan an interest in Thiago," Tonietto said.
"But almost all of them thought that Milan would never sell him, also because we are talking about one of the most important elements of Milan's squad."
Earlier on Tuesday, AC Milan sporting director Ariedo Braida reassured fans that Silva would remain at the Rossoneri.
"Be calm, we will not sell Thiago," Braida said to Sky Italia.
Silva joined Milan in 2009 from Fluminense and made 27 league appearances last season.
Latest in Sport
The Prince of Wales Stakes today is regarded by many as the No1 race of the Royal Ascot meeting and ...
by Gareth Purnell
19 June 2013 02:01 AM
Today’s St James Palace looks a cracker and there has been sustained money for Dawn Approach since t...
by Gareth Purnell
18 June 2013 02:01 AM
Newcastle don’t need a football director – they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
Newcastle United have shocked their fans by appointing Joe Kinnear as director of football but new f...
by Alex Miller
17 June 2013 04:39 PM
ACT Brumbies v British and Irish Lions - player ratings
Premier League fixture list unveiled: Manchester United play Swansea on opening day
Liverpool expected to complete deal for £6m Spanish winger Luis Alberto in next 48 hours
In pictures: Royal Ascot 2013 - Opening day
Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for further 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf