Pepe Reina staying at Anfield, says agent
Thursday 13 September 2012
The agent of Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has dismissed rumours about his future at Anfield.
A disappointing start to the campaign, both individually and collectively for the Reds, has led to speculation about the 30-year-old.
With no one pushing him for his place, Reina is firmly entrenched as Liverpool's first-choice and his representative Manuel Garcia Quilon insists the player intends to keep things that way.
"There is no problem. Pepe has played over 300 games in the shirt of Liverpool," he told Calciomercato.com.
"It's clear that he is not facing an easy time. The team has gone wrong in these first few games and he has his responsibilities, like everyone else.
"When he returns to form it (the speculation) will all end.
"He still has four years remaining on his contract and the rumours about a possible exit are only just rumours."
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'