Pepe Reina to sign for Bayern Munich today: Liverpool goalkeeper will complete £2m deal imminently after passing medical
Goalkeeper moves from Liverpool
Pepe Reina will complete his £2m move from Liverpool to Bayern Munich today, after completing a medical with the German champions yesterday.
Munich tweeted last night: "Welcome to Munich @PReina25! Medical successfully completed, contract to be signed tomorrow".
The Spaniard has fallen out of favour at Anfield under Brendan Rodgers and spent last season on loan at Napoli.
The 31-year-old will compete with Manuel Neuer for the No 1 shirt at the Allianz Arena.
Reina served as Liverpool's No 1 for eight seasons following his signing from Villarreal in 2005, but the arrival of Simon Mignolet last summer saw him reunited with former Reds manager Rafael Benitez in Italy.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture