Philippe Senderos: Fulham defender leaves club to sign for Valencia
Switzerland international signs for La Liga side in last-gasp deal
Valencia have succeeded in their late bid to sign defender Philippe Senderos from Fulham.
Fulham confirmed in a statement that the Swiss defender has left the club to join the La Liga side on a permanent transfer.
The 28-year-old joined the club from Arsenal in the summer of 2010, after loan spells at both Milan and Everton.
But could the deal for Everton's John Heitinga now be edging closer? The Everton defender is in London for talks with Rene Meulensteen's relegation-threatened side.
Senderos was part of the Gunners' starting XI which won the FA Cup in 2005, beating Manchester United on penalties. It was the last time Arsenal won a trophy.
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Phil Hughes: Batsman had one weakness – it has come back to haunt him
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich comment: Frank Lampard's part in City win shows folly of letting him leave
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Schalke vs Chelsea: Roberto Di Matteo admits thrashing by former side was most painful defeat of his career
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police