PSV dismiss Gomes speculation
Tuesday 27 January 2009
PSV Eindhoven technical manager Adrie van Kraaij insists the Dutch champions are not looking to bolster their squad this month, ruling out the possibility of goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes returning from Tottenham.
The 27-year-old Brazilian, who moved from the Philips Stadion to White Hart Lane in the summer, has been linked with a return to his former club after making several mistakes in his first half-season in England.
Spurs' acquisition of Italian stopper Carlo Cudicini on a free transfer from Chelsea yesterday threatens Gomes' position as first-choice keeper at the north London club.
But Van Kraaij has denied talk Gomes could be on his way back to Eindhoven.
He told AD Sportwereld: "We also heard the news that Tottenham signed a 'keeper, but we have no direct contact with Gomes. We never spoke internally about a possible return."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts