Rafael van der Vaart insists his future is at Tottenham
Wednesday 18 July 2012
Tottenham forward Rafael van der Vaart has no plans to leave the club this summer.
The 29-year-old Holland international has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane following the dismissal of manager Harry Redknapp last month.
But he has played down such talk and insisted the future is bright under new boss Andre Villas-Boas.
He said in The Sun: "My place is at Spurs. I want to win the title with this club. Each summer my name appears in the transfer market.
"The race for the top four will be a total war from the very first day."
Van der Vaart, who joined the north London club two years ago from Real Madrid, added: "The new coach has good plans for me and this is important.
"I have heard excellent reports about AVB.
"We have very good attacking players and if AVB imposes an offensive system the team could be a real spectacle."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election