Rangers confirm rejected bid for Norwich striker Grant Holt
Tuesday 31 January 2012
Rangers have confirmed they have had a bid rejected by Norwich for striker Grant Holt.
Ibrox boss Ally McCoist made a move for the Canaries captain, with top goalscorer Nikica Jelavic set to complete his switch to Everton.
However, the Scottish champions have failed in their attempt to bring the 30-year-old to Ibrox.
Everton confirmed earlier today that they had agreed a fee with Rangers for Jelavic, who has netted 17 goals this season.
That means McCoist could be left facing a race against time to replace the Croatian before tonight's transfer deadline if he completes his move to Goodison Park.
Holt caught the eye of the Rangers boss with nine goals in 23 appearances for the Barclays Premier League club so far this season.
But it would appear McCoist must now look elsewhere after his attempts to recruit the player were rebuffed.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations