Redknapp wants Drogba and Parker
Saturday 21 May 2011
Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham Hotspur manager, will hold a meeting with chairman Daniel Levy next week to outline his intention to target established Premier League players such as Didier Drogba and Scott Parker this summer.
Redknapp has been abroad recently to monitor Lille midfielder Eden Hazard and Espanyol forward Pablo Daniel Osvaldo but would prefer targets already accustomed to English football. "I like Hazard, I watched him this week and he is a good player but there's a few lads over here I would like to go for," he said.
Drogba would be the top of Redknapp's list if Chelsea make him available, while Arsenal and Liverpool will compete for Parker. "I think we lack one or two strong characters," he said.
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Paris charity auction staged to save the ancient city of Tyre
scienceScientists find the answer to a question that even puzzled Darwin
A very timely Great Train Robbery and a frantic 24 Hours in A&E among the highlights
arts + entsThe 'Friends' actor on his new role as campaigner on addiction issues
Latest in Sport
Arsenal - January transfer targets
Andre Villas-Boas sacked: AVB seals his fate at Spurs by rejecting Emmanuel Adebayor
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus could be on his way Manchester United
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 Facebook 'self-censorship': study records when you don't post to find more ways to share
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 ‘Why we don't have snow in Saudi Arabia’: Video captures winter fun as Middle East hit with rare blizzard
- 4 Vitamin pills are a waste of money, offer no health benefits and could be harmful - study
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile