Romelu Lukaku transfer news: Lukaku admits he may have to leave Chelsea if they confirm expected signing of Diego Costa
Belgian striker admits Chelsea's habit of signing a new striker each year is leading him to question his future at the club
Sunday 08 June 2014
Romelu Lukaku has confirmed that he may have to leave Chelsea this summer amid speculation that the Stamford Bridge outfit are closing in on Diego Costa.
The 21-year-old striker has spent the last two seasons on loan at West Brom and Everton as he has been repeatedly overlooked by his parent club.
That is not something the Belgian, who scored 16 goals for the blue half of Merseyside last season, expects to change any time soon.
"You know Chelsea: every year they buy a new top striker," he told several newspapers.
"I remember me coming into the dressing room last year and seeing Samuel Eto'o and Demba Ba and going: 'Whoah! What's happening here?'
"But no problem. Many clubs are interested in me.
"At this stage I have to look to myself. I have to play a good World Cup. That's very interesting for all the players looking for a transfer, and I must be one of them. Chelsea know my point of view."
Latest in Sport
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget