Sebastien Pocognoli joins West Brom: Baggies confirm signing of Belgium international defender on three-year deal from Hannover
New manager Alan Irvine praises capture of Pocognoli as adding 'an experienced left-back who has played at a high level for many years'
Saturday 12 July 2014
Belgium defender Sebastien Pocognoli has joined West Brom on a three-year contract from Hannover.
The Baggies announced on Saturday they had paid an undisclosed fee for the 26-year-old left-back who saw his chances of going to the World Cup ended by injury.
The 12-cap international has also played for Genk, AZ Alkmaar and Standard Liege.
He is new boss Alan Irvine's fourth summer signing and replaces Billy Jones, who signed for Sunderland.
"Sebastien is an experienced left-back who has played at a high level for many years," Irvine said.
"After being named in Belgium's provisional World Cup squad, he just missed out on Brazil, mainly because he hadn't played enough games towards the end of the season.
"But he's joined us with a real hunger to prove himself at Albion and get back into the international set-up."
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Latest in Sport
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter