Sheffield Wednesday sign QPR striker Jay Bothroyd
Sheffield Wednesday have signed striker Jay Bothroyd from QPR on a loan deal until January.
Bothroyd will be reunited with manager Dave Jones, who signed the 30-year-old for Cardiff in August 2008.
He scored 45 goals in 128 appearances for the Bluebirds in the Championship, earning him a surprise inclusion in Fabio Capello's England squad for the 2-1 friendly defeat to France in 2010.
Bothroyd started his career with Arsenal before joining Coventry for £1million in 2000. He will wear the number 24 shirt for Wednesday.
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.