Sonko adds strength to Stoke's defences
Saturday 30 August 2008
Stoke City have signed the defender Ibrahima Sonko on a three-year deal from Reading for a fee which could be worth up to £2.25m, the club announced yesterday.
The 27-year-old moves to the Potteries after four years at the Madejski Stadium where he was a mainstay of the squad that claimed promotion to the Premier League, although his appearances in their two-year stay in the top flight were restricted by injury.
West Bromwich Albion have had an £800,000 offer accepted by the Dutch Eredivisie side NEC Nijmegen for centre-half Jonas Olsson. The left-sided player has agreed personal terms with the Baggies and he is expected to complete his Hawthorns move over the weekend, depending on a successful medical.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal have 'too many strikers' claims Arsene Wenger, despite admitting Lukas Podolski is 'not a real centre-forward'
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will be 'actively involved' on deadline day... but may not buy a striker despite Giroud injury
Fernando Torres to AC Milan: Jose Mourinho talks up Mattia Destro with Torres on verge of Chelsea exit
Mario Balotelli has been 'spoken to at length' and Liverpool have ensured he lives on Merseyside rather than Manchester
Burnley vs Manchester United: Why Louis van Gaal has been unflustered by United's terrible start to the season
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 4 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 5 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage