Stephane Mbia set for QPR medical reveals Mark Hughes
Stephane Mbia is en route to London and will have a medical at QPR this afternoon, Mark Hughes has confirmed.
Hughes has been strongly linked with the versatile Marseille defender over the last 48 hours and the Rangers boss now hopes to conclude a deal for the player before tonight's 11pm deadline.
"He is en route as we speak," Hughes told a press conference.
"Hopefully we will get him in to a medical quite quickly."
Mbia, 26, has been at Marseille for the past three years, but revealed yesterday that he was destined for Loftus Road after the lodged a bid to sign him.
Comprehensive discussions over a contract for the player, who can also operate in midfield, have already taken place, leaving Hughes optimistic he will be able to get the deal done before the deadline.
"A lot of discussion has taken place in terms of (his) contract and expectations from both sides so that's pretty much been concluded," the Welshman added.
"So once we get through the medical hopefully we will be able to conclude the deal very quickly.
"He is another player that can play in a couple of positions. I like that flexibility in players. He is a good age, and we have paid a good price for him."
Latest in Sport
The Prince of Wales Stakes today is regarded by many as the No1 race of the Royal Ascot meeting and ...
by Gareth Purnell
19 June 2013 02:01 AM
Today’s St James Palace looks a cracker and there has been sustained money for Dawn Approach since t...
by Gareth Purnell
18 June 2013 02:01 AM
Newcastle don’t need a football director – they need a new medical team after finishing bottom of the injury league
Newcastle United have shocked their fans by appointing Joe Kinnear as director of football but new f...
by Alex Miller
17 June 2013 04:39 PM
ACT Brumbies v British and Irish Lions - player ratings
Premier League fixture list unveiled: Manchester United play Swansea on opening day
Liverpool expected to complete deal for £6m Spanish winger Luis Alberto in next 48 hours
In pictures: Royal Ascot 2013 - Opening day
Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for further 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf