Stoke close in on Birmingham duo Scott Dann and Cameron Jerome
Wednesday 06 July 2011
Stoke are close to agreeing a fee with Birmingham for Scott Dann and Cameron Jerome but chairman Peter Coates admits personal terms may still be a stumbling block.
The Potters have been in negotiation with Blues, relegated from the Barclays Premier League last season, for a number of weeks and the two clubs appear to have come to a valuation acceptable to both parties.
"We have made an offer and are hoping to do a deal that will satisfy both clubs," Coates told The Sentinel.
"It is my understanding we were very close to a deal but then you still have to sort things out with the players. These things can take forever.
"You have to have other irons in the fire because so many things can go wrong.
"Sometimes you think you have a deal and it doesn't happen.
"As one agent once said, 'The truth today may not be the truth tomorrow'."
Actress isn't a fan of Ed Miliband
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Phil Hughes: Batsman had one weakness – it has come back to haunt him
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich comment: Frank Lampard's part in City win shows folly of letting him leave
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich: Nasri admits City stars will be sold if they fail in Europe
- 1 Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police