Toronto announce QPR defender Ryan Nelsen will join them next month
The New Zealand defender will become a manager in the MLS
Wednesday 23 January 2013
Queen's Park Rangers are set to lose Ryan Nelsen earlier than they had hoped after Toronto FC announced he will join them as head coach from 1 February.
The New Zealand defender agreed his move to Major League Soccer this month, at which stage manager Harry Redknapp said he hoped to keep him at Loftus Road for "most of the season". However Toronto now expect Nelsen to be at the club by the beginning of next month.
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.