Tottenham in contact with Russian striker Alan Dzagoev claims agent
Monday 02 July 2012
Alan Dzagoev may be on the move to Tottenham Hotspur
after his father and agent Tariel Dzagoev reported that Spurs are in
contact with the 22-year-old Russian from CSKA Moscow.
Dzagoev is thought to cost in the region of £15m, but reports are unconfirmed whether the forward is out of contract or not.
Dzagoev started to gain a lot of attention from Premier League clubs after putting in some scintillating performances in the group stages of Euro 2012. The speedy Russian was equal top goal scorer in the competition with three goals and always looked threatening.
Previously Arsenal were understood to be interested in replacing Andrei Arshavin with his fellow countryman, however Dzagoev’s father said that their north London rivals, Tottenham are more likely to get their hands on the youngster.
"I don't know if he will stay at CSKA," Tariel Dzagoev is quoted by the Daily Mail. "There are offers - from Spurs and other clubs.
"But I tell him not to hurry. Yury Zhirkov ran off to Chelsea and sat on the bench."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Anniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage