Transfer guide: The best players available for free this summer - including, Dimitar Berbatov, Ashley Cole and Nemanja Vidic
The Premier League players whose contracts expire this summer
Transfer news in the January window usually focuses on the big money deals as clubs frantically try to sign players they hope will change their season.
However, the month also marks the point at which some players enter the last six months of their contract.
There are all types of player who tend to fall into this group; those running down their contracts hoping for a move to bigger club, players nearing the end of their careers or just those no longer wanted by their clubs.
This year's collection from the Premier League is no exception.
Here, we guide you through the players that could be leaving their clubs for free this summer - or on the flip-side - the players who could be coming to your team for absolutely nothing.
Latest in Sport
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict