Transfer news: Benfica could hijack Everton move for Michy Batshuayi - reports
Toffees' pursuit of Standard Liege striker at risk
Friday 17 January 2014
Roberto Martinez is reportedly facing a battle with Portuguese giants Benfica for the signature of Michy Batshuayi.
The Standard Liege striker is reportedly wanted by Everton as a replacement for recently sold Nikica Jelavic.
The Belgian youngster is thought to be available for around £7m and Benfica are now said to be lining him up as a replacement for Rodrigo Moreno who is a target of Zenit St Petersburg.
Standard Liege have already reportedly warned Everton off signing their striker although it is understood they may be more open to a summer move.
Batshuayi has reportedly been training on his own this week after Everton's interest in him was made public.
Latest in Sport
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'