Transfer news: David Moyes considering move for Mehdi Benatia to strengthen Manchester United defence
Roma centre-half could be drafted in this January
Thursday 19 December 2013
David Moyes is reportedly considering a move for Roma centre-back Mehdi Benatia.
Manchester United were said to be interested in the 26-year-old Moroccan over the summer, when he was a Udinese player, but decided against making a move.
In the end Roma stepped in and bought Benatia for around £11.3m, however United have reportedly kept an eye on him this season.
Benatia has been impressive this campaign for Roma and an integral part in helping them to an unbeaten start to the season so far.
With both Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic ageing at the heart of his defence, it is thought Moyes is keen to bring in some fresh blood.
Latest in Sport
Tony Bellew vs Nathan Cleverly: Bellew takes his revenge with points win over Cleverly
Perth midfielder Ruben Zadkovich sent off 17 seconds after coming on against Wellington
England vs Samoa match report: England finally end losing streak as Jonny May stars in win ahead of Wallabies showdown
WWE Survivor Series 2014: Start time and full match card
Arsenal vs Manchester United match report: Wayne Rooney and a Keiran Gibbs own goal make Gunners rue missed chances
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track