Transfer news: Hugo Lloris could leave Tottenham Hotspur if they fail to finish inside top four - reports
French keeper could quit the club if they fail to reach Champions League
Monday 27 January 2014
Hugo Lloris has hinted that if Tottenham fail to reach next season's Champions League then he could be on his way out at the club.
Spurs have not played in the main European competition since 2011 under Harry Redknapp and currently sit fifth in the Premier League table.
They face a stern test this week when facing Manchester City on Wednesday, particularly with their goalkeeper indicating that his future at the club is by no means guaranteed.
"The objective is to reach the Champions League. After that, it's to close the gap on the biggest teams in the league," Lloris reportedly told French TV show Telefoot at the weekend.
"Without Champions League football? I've not thought about it.
"I must weigh things up at the end of the season."
Spurs meanwhile may have to find a new third-choice keeper after Heurelho Gomes indicated he could rejoin former club PSV Eindhoven.
It would end the Brazilian's time at the club following his £8m arrival in 2008.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police