Transfer news: Leeds captain Ross McCormack hands in a transfer request
Scotland international has been left out of pre-season tour to Italy
Ross McCormack has handed in a transfer request and is could leave Leeds United soon.
The club captain has not travelled to Italy for United’s two-week training camp and is being chased by Fulham, who were relegated from the Premier League.
The Cottagers had a £5m bid for the Scottish international turned down last month, but McCormack’s request will likely see a move pushed through.
The 27-year-old, who has also been linked with West Ham and Newcastle, signed a four-year deal at Elland Road last autumn but has apparently grown disillusioned at the Yorkshire club.
McCormack held face-to-face talks with owner Massimo Cellino last week, but they did not ease his concerns.
If they were to sell, Leeds would want around £10m for the player. McCormack scored 28 goals for United in the Championship last season.
Latest in Sport
Gabriel Paulista: Talented Brazilian could grow into world-class defender at Arsenal
Australian Open 2015: Serena Williams vs Madison Keys match preview
Tottenham player ratings: Christian Eriksen? Harry Kane? Who was the star man at Bramall Lane?
Andy Murray vs Tomas Berydch: Murray cool over reunion with coach Dani Vallverdu at the Australian Open
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Pair finally meet at NBA game and shake hands, will the fight be announced during Super Bowl?
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures