Transfer news: Liverpool consider Daniel Agger swap deal with Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler - reports
Defender could link up with old boss in Naples
Tuesday 28 January 2014
Daniel Agger could be on his way to Napoli provided Gohkan Inler comes the other way to Liverpool, according to reports.
Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is thought to be keen to link up with his former player and while it is understood that Brendan Rodgers is reluctant to sell Agger, a deal involving Inler might change his mind.
The 29-year-old Inler has been a regular starter for Napoli this season but Italian media are reporting that Benitez would agree to losing him if it meant securing Agger's signature.
Liverpool meanwhile are on the look out for some more central midfield options following injury to Lucas Leiva and reportedly feel Inler could be the man to make the difference.
Marvel has released the first teaser trailer a week early after it leaked online
Latest in Sport
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
How Real Madrid started copying Barcelona's old pass masters, and began reaping the rewards
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Arsenal player ratings
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure' for paralysis
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'