Transfer news: Liverpool consider Daniel Agger swap deal with Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler - reports
Defender could link up with old boss in Naples
Tuesday 28 January 2014
Daniel Agger could be on his way to Napoli provided Gohkan Inler comes the other way to Liverpool, according to reports.
Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is thought to be keen to link up with his former player and while it is understood that Brendan Rodgers is reluctant to sell Agger, a deal involving Inler might change his mind.
The 29-year-old Inler has been a regular starter for Napoli this season but Italian media are reporting that Benitez would agree to losing him if it meant securing Agger's signature.
Liverpool meanwhile are on the look out for some more central midfield options following injury to Lucas Leiva and reportedly feel Inler could be the man to make the difference.
Latest in Sport
WWE Raw results: Seth Rollins and Kane punish Dean Ambrose while Brock Lesnar receives a new Championship belt
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United to push ahead with £50m move for Real Madrid winger
Marcos Rojo to Manchester United: Sporting Lisbon confirm deal with Nani heading back to Portugal on loan
Besiktas vs Arsenal: Arsene Wenger hits out at Aaron Ramsey red card decision
Arsenal player ratings vs Besiktas
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict