Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
The players that could be on their way to Old Trafford next month
Monday 16 December 2013
Since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson this summer, David Moyes has had a tricky time at Manchester United and his side currently sit eighth in the table.
After the debacle of the club's transfer dealings in the last window and with much ground to be made up on their rivals, the pressure is on the defending champions to make some serious improvements to their squad.
The primary concern for Moyes is to strengthen his midfield - a problem area for the club for a number of seasons - although defence and attack could also benefit from some fresh faces.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 London is the most googled city in the world
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Richard Dawkins ridicules Sabrina Corgatelli for claiming her giraffe kill was 'ethical'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Labour leadership race: Jeremy Corbyn could be the next Prime Minister, says Ken Clarke