Transfer news: Manchester United eye teenage Bulgarian defender
Stefan Velkov is training at Carrington in hope of securing a deal
Wednesday 18 December 2013
Manchester United are having a good look at teenage Bulgarian defender Stefan Velkov according to reports.
The highly-rated 17-year-old is currently training at Carrington with United's U21s attempting to secure a deal.
However the defending Premier League champions face competition from Italian clubs Inter Milan and Juventus for the towering centre-back.
Velkov has played 17 times this season for his club Slavia Sofia, earning himself a call up to the national side.
Strong in the air, the stylish centre-back has represented Bulgaria from the U16s through to the U21s.
Latest in Sport
WWE Raw results: The power of the Yes! Movement dominates as Daniel Bryan eyes Wrestlemania 30 main event
Transfer news: Toni Kroos admits switch to Manchester United is 'a possibility for me'
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 player ratings: Who scored highest - Mesut Ozil or Santi Cazorla?
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 match report: German giants knock the Gunners out of the Champions League for the second successive season
Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to England and Arsenal striker
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate