Transfer news: Manchester United eye teenage Bulgarian defender
Stefan Velkov is training at Carrington in hope of securing a deal
Wednesday 18 December 2013
Manchester United are having a good look at teenage Bulgarian defender Stefan Velkov according to reports.
The highly-rated 17-year-old is currently training at Carrington with United's U21s attempting to secure a deal.
However the defending Premier League champions face competition from Italian clubs Inter Milan and Juventus for the towering centre-back.
Velkov has played 17 times this season for his club Slavia Sofia, earning himself a call up to the national side.
Strong in the air, the stylish centre-back has represented Bulgaria from the U16s through to the U21s.
Presents unwrapped, turkey gobbled... it's time to relax
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Play-acting mystifies me. I was taught not to show pain
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Phillip Hughes death: UK company Masuri say Australian opener was wearing 'outdated helmet'
- 1 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Plebgate: Andrew Mitchell’s reputation in tatters as judge rules he used the word ‘pleb’