Transfer news: Manchester United manager David Moyes declares 'we have done our business', ruling out move for Toni Kroos
United have already made the biggest splash in the transfer market with the signing of Juan Mata for £37.1m
Friday 31 January 2014
Manchester United manager David Moyes has confirmed he will not be making any further additions to his squad during the transfer window.
Moyes smashed the club record by paying £37.1million for Juan Mata last weekend.
But, despite plenty of links to further additions, the Scot insisted there will be none.
"You can stand your cameras down," he said at his regular Friday press conference.
"I don't think they will be required. We have done our business."
However, there is likely to be some movement with younger players leaving on loan.
Wilfried Zaha has already joined Cardiff, while Larnell Cole and Ryan Tunnicliffe are in talks with Fulham.
In addition, Will Keane is being linked with QPR.
However, it is looking unlikely that Nani will be going anywhere, having previously attracted interest from Inter Milan.
"We have quite a few young players who will go on loan before the window closes," said Moyes.
"It's for their development - they are looking for a different quality of football.
"Reserve team football doesn't quite do that for them, so a lot of them will go out on loan, get experience and become better players for it."
The same is true of Zaha, even though the winger has two full England caps and Sir Alex Ferguson shelled out £12million on the 21-year-old 12 months ago.
"I said right at the start of the season that if I could get him the games I'd keep him," said Moyes.
"If I couldn't, then I'd get him some games on loan.
"There were a few clubs who wanted him on loan but in the end we felt Cardiff was the right choice for him."
Latest in Sport
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'