Transfer news: Manchester United remain in talks to sign Fabio Coentrao - reports
David Moyes is keen to bolster competition in the left-back position
Manchester United reportedly remain in contention to sign Fabio Coentrao during the current transfer window.
David Moyes came close to securing the Real Madrid left-back on transfer deadline day during the summer, but was thwarted at the last moment.
Reports claim he remains keen on bringing the Portugal international into Old Trafford and is in talks with Real Madrid to do so.
The 25-year-old, who has seen his chances at the Bernabeu limited this season, is understood to be keen on a move.
His agent, Jorge Mendes, has close ties with Manchester United which can only help in any deal - quite possibly a loan - going through.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain