Transfer news: Manchester United reportedly eyeing Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik
Napoli man reportedly under David Moyes' watch
Thursday 16 January 2014
David Moyes is considering a move for Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik according to reports in Italy.
It is thought that United's manager is considering other options if his pursuit of Juventus pair Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba is unsuccessful.
Moyes is thought to be keen to bring the French youngster back to Old Trafford after he left for free in 2012 but the transfer fee required and the interest from Paris Saint-Germain may make it impossible.
Meanwhile it is understood that Juventus have firmly said that Vidal is not for sale.
However it is thought that Napoli chairman and Alan Sugar lookalike Aurelio De Laurentis would be more inclined to sell Hamsik to United, possibly for a fee of around £25m.
Moyes has had a busy transfer window, having been spotted in various European locations as his bid to bring in new players gathers pace.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin