Transfer news: Manchester United see enquiry for Sami Khedira rejected by Real Madrid
Germany international latest midfield target missed by David Moyes
Manchester United were knocked back by Real Madrid after making an enquiry for £35m rated Sami Khedira.
The Germany international becomes the latest target that United have missed out on this summer after failed attempts for Thiago Alcantara and Cesc Fabregas.
David Moyes is understood to still be pursuing alternatives, with both Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini linked with Old Trafford.
But the rejected bid for Khedira will be another blow to manager Moyes who has admitted he has struggled in the transfer market in what is his first transfer window as manager of Manchester United.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'