Transfer news: Manchester United will reignite interest in Galatasaray midfielder Wesley Sneijder in January window
Galatasaray playmaker reportedly has a buy-out clause of £13m
Tuesday 10 December 2013
Manchester United will reportedly re-enter the race to sign Galatasaray playmaker Wesley Sneijder in January.
The Dutchman could offer the creative spark required at United, with David Moyes' team currently 13 points adrift of leaders Arsenal.
The 29-year-old had been linked with a move to United two seasons ago, before the deal eventually fell through. He has since parted company with his agent, so it is possible a deal could be easier to conclude.
Sniejder reportedly has a buy-out clause of £13m with the Turkish champions, and securing the experienced midfielder would be a statement of intent for Moyes's struggling side.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back