Transfer news: No Newcastle United loan switch for Wilfried Zaha says Alan Pardew
England Under-21 winger will have to go elsewhere
Friday 20 December 2013
Wilfried Zaha will not be going on loan to Newcastle this January according to their manager Alan Pardew.
The Manchester United winger is reportedly looking for a loan move in January as he tries to get his career back on track.
Zaha moved to the defending champions for £15m almost 12 months ago but has been out of favour under David Moyes and is yet to start a Premier League game.
The performances he produced last season in helping Crystal Palace get promoted have reportedly seen a number of clubs queue up to take him on loan, however according to Pardew, Newcastle are not one.
“He was phenomenal when they got promoted last season, but his career has maybe stalled a little. Maybe he’ll get an opportunity there.”
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Jose Mourinho dismisses United injury worries, saying 'they have an amazing squad'
Aaron Hernandez: American Football in the dock as NFL star player's murderous double life is revealed
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Why Blues are the least popular team in the league
Arsene Wenger compares talk of Jurgen Klopp replacing him at Arsenal to a 'circus'
Chelsea vs Manchester United combined XI: Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea? Juan Mata or Willian? Who makes our team?
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'