Transfer news: Southampton allow Emmanuel Mayuka out on loan
The striker joins French club Sochaux
Monday 02 September 2013
Southampton have loaned striker Emmanuel Mayuka to French club Sochaux.
The 22 year-old scored in the 5-1 Capital One cup win at Barnsley last week, but had not featured for the Saints in the Barclays Premier League.
Following the arrival of Dani Osvaldo, the Zambia international has been allowed to go out on loan to get some first-team games ahead of the World Cup.
Mayuka will stay at Sochaux until June 30, 2014.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ashes 2013-14 comment: England need to learn from Australia and master art of avoiding 'the creep'
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive rivalry - after the former Manchester United and Arsenal captains shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 TK Maxx and discount stores: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent