Transfer speculation: Arsenal linked with move for Swansea striker Michu
Report claims the Gunners could swoop for the Spanish player
Tuesday 04 June 2013
Arsenal are considering a shock move for Swansea striker Michu, according to reports.
It is no secret that Arsene Wenger has plans to significantly bolster his squad this summer, and has the means to do it, and a new striker is the priority for the Gunners.
Various names have been linked with a move to the Emirates, most notably Wayne Rooney and Gonzalo Higuain, yet according to the Daily Mail, Michu has also emerged as a contender to lead the Gunners' attack.
The Spaniard only joined Swansea last summer, but enjoyed a prolific season which saw him score 22 goals during the campaign.
Amid talk of a possible move away, the Swans tied the 27-year-old to a new contract mid-way through the season, yet that has failed to quell speculation.
Should Swansea sanction a move, they could expect to make a more than healthy profit on the £2m they paid Rayo Vallecano.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?