Valencia happy at Wigan
Wednesday 27 May 2009
Luis Antonio Valencia has insisted he knows nothing of a possible move to Manchester United and claims to be happy at Wigan.
The 23-year-old midfielder has been linked with both the Barclays Premier League champions and Real Madrid after impressing in three seasons at the JJB Stadium.
Valencia, who is in Los Angeles for Ecuador's friendly against El Salvador tonight, said his agent Diego Herrera had told him nothing of a possible deal.
"If I knew something, I would tell you, but now it is all speculation," he said. "I am comfortable and fine at Wigan."
Valencia added that he was unhappy with the swirl of reports after Spanish newspapers claimed a £21.5million deal was in place.
"Revealing these figures without confirming anything is not correct," he said. "I have a family to think about."
Latest in Sport
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East