Valon Behrami leaves West Ham for Fiorentina
Wednesday 26 January 2011
West Ham midfielder Valon Behrami has completed a move to Fiorentina, the Barclays Premier League club have confirmed.
The 25-year-old Switzerland international passed a medical today and joins the Serie A side for an undisclosed fee.
A statement on West Ham's website, www.whufc.com, said: "The club would like to thank Behrami for his contribution and and wish him every success for the future."
Behrami moved to Upton Park from Lazio in July 2008, and scored five goals in 63 appearances for the Hammers.
Latest in Sport
Liverpool target Marco Reus rejects new Borussia Dortmund contract offer - reports
Arsenal agree new deal with BT Sport - which coincides nicely with advert showing FA Cup win over Liverpool
Divock Origi joins Liverpool before immediately being loaned back to Lille
Scottie dogs in Commonwealth Games opening ceremony 'disrespectful to Muslims', say Malaysian politicians
Arsenal transfer news: Gunners preparing bid for wantaway Shakhtar Donestk midfielder Douglas Costa
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc