Van is £8m man for Chris Hughton: Norwich track Sporting Lisbon striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel
Thursday 21 March 2013
Sporting Lisbon have confirmed they are negotiating the sale of striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel to Norwich City.
The Norwich manager, Chris Hughton, had an £8million bid for the 24-year-old Dutchman rejected in January but financial difficulties at the Portuguese club have forced their hand. The fee is nearly double what Sporting paid to buy Van Wolfswinkel from Utrecht in 2011, but they will receive only 35 per cent of the income due to a third-party arrangement.
The transfer will allow Sporting to pay some two months' worth of backdated wages to its players and coaching staff.
Latest in Sport
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew