Vassell reunited with Eriksson at Leicester
Thursday 21 October 2010
Leicester City have signed former Aston Villa and Manchester City striker Darius Vassell until the end of next season.
The 30-year-old, who played under new Foxes manager Sven Goran Eriksson during his time at Eastlands and was handed his England debut by the Swede in 2002, was a free agent after leaving Turkish side Ankaragucu.
Vassell is the third signing Eriksson has made since he took over at the Championship club earlier this month, having already recruited defenders Curtis Davies and Kyle Naughton on loan deals from Villa and Tottenham respectively. Eriksson is also reported to be interested in Blackburn striker Jason Roberts, who is out of favour at Ewood Park.
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut