West Brom wait on Zoltan Gera decision
Wednesday 29 June 2011
West Brom expect to find out in the next few days whether midfielder Zoltan Gera will be rejoining them.
Gera is a free agent after his contract with Fulham finished at the end of last season.
He spent four years at the Hawthorns before making the move to Craven Cottage in the summer of 2008.
Albion have held talks with the Hungarian international but there is also interest from an unnamed Serie A club.
Gera's agent, Vladan Filipovic, said: "The negotiations are in a period where we can agree anytime (with a club).
"It can happen that Gera's future will be decided next day - or we could close the negotiations next week.
"But it's not a secret that we are at the finish."
Current Albion head coach, Roy Hodgson, signed Gera when in charge of Fulham.
He was a favourite with Baggies fans and has received a warm welcome whenever returning with Fulham.
West Brom are still waiting to see whether Lazio will follow up their interest in defender Gabriel Tamas with a firm offer.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave