Crystal Palace have moved to assure supporters that 19-year-old winger Wilfried Zaha will not be sold, despite continued speculation to the contrary.
The latest rumours claim Zaha is due for a move to either Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham or Arsenal - with a fee in the region of £8m suggested.
But the Crystal Palace co-chairman Steve Browett says that although Zaha could be playing in the Premier League next season, if he is it'll be for the Eagles.
Writing on a club forum as CPFC2010, Browett said: "I can assure you that Wilfried is not 'for sale.' We hope that he'll be playing Premier League football next season. For us. Even if that doesn't happen, he's only 19 and still learning his trade in surroundings where he is comfortable and happy. He's on a five-year contract and we really don't need the money."
Zaha has made four appearances for the England under-21s while his performances at club level continue to improve, highlighted by four goals in his last two games. The recent victories over Wolves and Burnley see Palace lying fourth in the Championship, three-points off pace-setters Cardiff. And it is those kind of performances that mean more to Browett that cashing-in on their star asset.
"The four of us [co-owners Browett, Steve Parish, Martin Long and Jeremy Hoskin] bought the club so that we could enjoy watching Palace play football, not to cash in as soon as the moneybags clubs come waving their cheque books. I hope that's clear enough," said Browett.
He added: "PS – and if he [Zaha] keeps developing the way he has so far you'll be reading plenty more rubbish in the Sunday papers."