Yossi Benayoun completes move to Arsenal
Wednesday 31 August 2011
Yossi Benayoun tonight completed a season-long loan move to Arsenal from Chelsea.
Israel captain Benayoun had been linked with a number of clubs but opted for the Gunners, who will play in this season's Champions League.
The midfielder, who is currently on international duty, wrote on Twitter: "I sign with Arsenal, very happy and excited about it, but now my head is only in the game against Greece on Friday, thanks for the support."
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Latest in Sport
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent