Australia vs Spain player ratings World Cup 2014: Did David Villa top score in his last international game?
Australia 0 Spain 3: A closer look at the individual performances
Monday 23 June 2014
Spain were able to leave Brazil with their heads held a little higher than they might have been thanks to a resounding victory over Australia in Curitiba.
David Villa opened the scoring with a fine flick off the inside of his heel during the first half. Spain's all-time leading scorer was later substituted before breaking down in tears after what was probably his last game for La Roja.
Back on the pitch, Chelsea striker Fernando Torres managed to find the back of the net before Manchester United's Juan Mata completed the scoring shortly before the end.
The result meant the reigning champions ended the Group Stage with three points while Australia lost all their games.
Who do you think was man-of-the-match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
William Carvalho to Arsenal? Gunners make new enquiry for £35m rated midfielder
Manchester United transfer news: More signings expected, indicates Ed Woodward
CM Punk 'never ever ever' going to return to WWE (so he probably will)
Manchester United transfer news: Completed summer deals
James Rodriguez joins Real Madrid: World Cup star completes £63m move
- 1 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda