Belgium vs United States team news World Cup 2014: Liverpool target Divock Origi leads the line for Belgium in place of Romelu Lukaku
Lukaku has had a tournament to forget so far
Tuesday 01 July 2014
The Liverpool target, Divock Origi, starts up front for Belgium in their last 16 tie against United States tonight in place of Romelu Lukaku.
It has been a tournament of forget for the Chelsea striker Lukaku, who spent last season on loan at Everton. The 21-year-old has not even had an attempt on target in Brazil, and was also benched for their final group game triumph over Korea Republic, although they had already qualified by then.
Origi, meanwhile, the Lille striker on the verge of a £10m move to Anfield, scored the winner in Belgium's 1-0 victory over Russia in the group stage. In doing so, at the age of 19 years, two months and four days, he became the youngest scorer at this year's World Cup.
For United States, they have made two changes from the team who lost to Germany in their final group game, including recalling Stoke City's Geoff Cameron to the side.
Belgium: Courtois, Alderweireld, Kompany (c), Vertonghen, Witsel, De Bruyne, Fellaini, Hazard, Mertens, Van Buyten, Origi
United States: Howard, Gonzalez, Bradley, Besler, Beasley, Dempsey (c), Bedoya, Jones, Zusi, Cameron, Johnson
Latest in Sport
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights