Chelsea keeper Petr Cech pulls out of Czech squad with finger injury
Goalkeeper could miss next match against Wigan
Monday 04 February 2013
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech was forced to withdraw from international duty with a finger injury yesterday and could miss Chelsea's next match against Wigan on Saturday.
A club statement read: "Petr Cech is returning to Chelsea due an injured finger and will not take part in Czech Republic's fixture. He will be assessed at Cobham by the club's medical department."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel