Danish Euro 2012 squad banned from using Twitter during tournament
Wednesday 25 April 2012
Denmark's players have been banned from using Twitter during Euro 2012.
"There is so much communication during the championships that we want to limit it to meetings with the media," said the Danish Football Association's media chief, Lars Berendt. Several of the Danish squad's players, including the Stoke City goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen and the Ajax Amsterdam playmaker Christian Eriksen, are active on Twitter.
"There was a time when we lived without Twitter and we'll be able to do it during the Euros," said Sorensen – on Twitter. He has more than 20,000 followers on the social networking website.
Latest in Sport
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing