Doha to host England friendly with Brazil
Thursday 09 July 2009
Qatar Football Association general secretary Saud Al Mohannadi has confirmed that Doha will host the international friendly between Brazil and England in November.
A date of November 14 has been pencilled in, although that will depend on England qualifying for the 2010 World Cup top of their group.
"The game indeed will be held in Doha next November," Al Mohannadi told Press Association Sport. "Al Jazeera Sports Channel is in charge of this game and they have been planning it for a while.
"The role of Qatar FA is to co-ordinate with Al Jazeera channel regarding the venue of the match and the training schedules and stadiums."
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo could return against Manchester United - but it won't be like previous reunions
Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
Calum Chambers joins Arsenal: New £16m signing put through Arsenal initiation as he sings The Kooks in front of team-mates
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
New Liverpool signing Dejan Lovren forced to train with the under-21s after US visa mix-up
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'