England reveal base camp plans for Euro 2012
Tuesday 11 October 2011
England will be based in Poland for the Euro 2012 finals next summer.
Fabio Capello's team confirmed their qualification for the tournament, which will be co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine, on Friday with a 2-2 draw against Montenegro.
Club England managing director Adrian Bevington told Sky Sports News: "We are just finalising a few contractual arrangements now. We will be in Poland but I won't be able to say any more at this particular moment.
"We are not far away from (confirming the location) but out of respect to all the people we have been dealing with we have to get everything finalised before we make any public statement on it."
Football Association chairman David Bernstein promised at the Leaders In Football conference in London last week that England would be "good tourists" at future tournaments, promising that they would stay in a more central location rather than remaining isolated, as was the case at the World Cup in South Africa where the team were based in Rustenburg.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Wilfried Zaha grabs rare opportunity to impress new Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal
Calum Chambers joins Arsenal: New £16m signing put through Arsenal initiation as he sings The Kooks in front of team-mates
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Seydou Keita refuses Pepe handshake before throwing water bottle prior to Roma vs Real Madrid match
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine